Professional Installation Services Available - Contact Us
Vac-Alert™ - Anti Entrapment Valve
Vac-Alert provides protection against suction entrapment from Pool, Spa, and Hot tub drains
with our Safety Vacuum Release System
Swimming Pool & Spa Operators / Owners / Managers - Be Aware of your Responsibility
SVRS: Safety Vacuum Release System
- Self-monitoring, non-electrical and low maintenance
- Long lasting design features moisture resistant PVC and stainless steel construction
- Simple adjustment and manual reset
- Meets all requirements of International Code Council
- Won't damage your pump when tripped
- 3-year limited warranty ensures reliability
Don’t take chances with your Pool or Spa Safety!
The Vac-Alert Safety Vacuum Release System (SVRS) is a non-electrical self-monitoring, low-maintenance safety system that responds in milliseconds to an increase in pump suction created by a swimmer being held by suction on the main drain.
If a swimmer is held onto the main suction drain in a swimming pool, paddling pool or spa, it is not only frightening but can cause drowning.
This effect is known as "Suction Entrapment" and it will hold the swimmer in its grip until the vacuum is broken.
The Vac-Alert’s spring loaded piston reacts quickly, opening to atmosphere and releasing life-threatening system suction.
Once installed, it requires only periodic maintenance.
It has non-corroding PVC and stainless steel construction to ensure long life.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF VAC-ALERT
- There are two models: The VA-2000S, where the pump is located below water level and the VA-2000L where the pump is located either at or above the pool water and surface level (see installation instructions).
- Precision engineered to react in milliseconds, preventing injury or fatality.
- Designed for suction lift applications where the circulating pump suction is either above or below the level of the pool water surface (consult qualified pool engineer).
- Can generally be installed within two hours.
- Easily plumbed into the pipe work and is designed to sense sudden increases in the vacuum pressure, which triggers the valve pistons to lock, allowing air to enter the system and releasing the vacuum on the main drain.
- Self-monitoring, low maintenance.
- Reliability - several years’ field experience and in some regions international legislation requires pool operators to use anti-entrapment systems to retrofit pools and spas.
THE SAFETY SOLUTION
- A safety solution for any pump that draws water, including pools, spas, fountains, slides and vacuum ports and will not damage your pump when tripped.
- Vac-Alert has a three-year limited warranty ensures reliability.
- Meets all requirements of the International Code Council, both the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Residential Code (IRC).
- Meets or exceeds all the ANSI/ASME performance standards for safety vacuum release systems.
Download Reported Incidents, European Safety Standards
and Guidance for Commercial Pools